Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Entertainment Provided by Gas Pumps

Now this may sound a little mean, but it's kinda funny when people can't figure out how to operate a gas pump. I understand that their all different, but there are step-by-step instructions on the ones at Casey's Gerneral Store where I work. Each pump both tells and shows you what to do.
There are many people who come into the store and ask why their card won't work at the pump. I always go out there to help them and as soon as I insert thier card it always works right away for me. A lot of times the customer cannot get thier card to work because they insert it backwards. Occasionally the customer is embarressed, but usually they just go about pumping their gas and are on their way.
Im not sure whether age has any contribution to this problem because it is both young and old that have problems with the gas pumps. I am however going to point out that there are quite a few older people who tend to have more problems then younger people. I was at work tonight and a lady came into the store and said that she could not get the pume to work. She kept reiterating the fact that she has gotten gas there many times and couldn't understand what was going on. When I went out to help her all I did was press pay inside and chose the grade of gasoline that she wanted. Again she commented on how she has gotten gas there so many times and thanked me for my help.

No comments:

Post a Comment