Monday, February 2, 2009

Layoffs

Just the other day my friend called me and told me that Chief in Grand Island let some workers go because of the low demand due to the poor economy. He also told me that they arn't allowing any overtime and won't be working on Fridays anymore.

Lately, I have been seeing alot of this in the papers. It seems that everytime I turn around I'm hearing about someone or some other place/factory that is having to let people go. The unemployment rate is steadily increasing and has nearly doubled what it was only a few years ago. Our economy is going downhill at a fast pace and will not get better for a long time. It used to be that the dolloar was worth more than the Euro but not the Euro is worth one and a half times that of the dollar. As America we need to work together to rebuild our economy and decrease the unemployment rate. Hopefully Brarak Obama can do a much better job at governing America then George W. Bush did.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I like the inclusion of a local news item here! How about a link to go with it and incorporating some details from what you read.

    ReplyDelete