Saturday, April 4, 2009

Sring Break

Most students spend their spring break going to the beach or doing some other exciting activity that at least gets them away from their monotonous ordinary lives. Some students however, are not that fortunate in the means of being able to go somewhere due to monetary reasons or because of their work schedules and are forced to stay home over spring break. It amazes me as to how much you don’t think about working until it’s when you want to go have fun with all of your other friends who are all going out partying or going on vacations somewhere.

I was one of those unfortunate students who had to stay home over spring break because there was no one else to work. One employee requested the week off because she was going back home to Omaha and was not allowed to stay in the dorms over break. Another employee called in sick a few times and I was called in to cover the hours, which was no surprise to me. Now, I don’t mind working over break, but because of the one employee gone and the other sick, I had to work every day over break and even a few days before spring break even started which amounted to nine days worked in a row. Don’t get me wrong, I do like my job, it’s just that a nine day stretch for any job will become tiring and sometimes very stressful depending on the type of job you have.

On the lighter side of things, my spring break did have its fun moments. One of my friends got married the Saturday over spring break before classes resumed on Monday morning and the reception was a blast. There was an open bar all night until the keg ran out, and then you had to pay for your drink which was fine because by the time that happened I was already a little tipsy and feeling pretty good.

Towards the middle of the reception the groomsmen and I snuck out and went to the hotel room where the newlywed couple was staying. We had already gotten permission from the hotel staff to trash or “decorate” the room as some might call it. The ironic yet funny part of this scenario aside from decorating the room was that one of the groomsmen’s parents were the ones who provided all the necessary goods required to decorate the room.

Some of the items used in the decorating would include shaving cream, rice krispies, condoms, colored Easter grass, and a pair of women’s panties. Doors, walls, mirrors and picture frames were all decorated with shaving cream. Light fixtures were decorated with the Easter grass and had condoms handing from them. Rice krispies were put under the sheets and Easter grass was spread all over the room. Not really sure what happened to the panties.
Some of us got shaving cream on ourselves, including myself, when we were finished decorating the room as we were throwing away the empty cans. I had gotten some on my shoulder and dress which I so casually wiped on one of the groomsman’s face and instead of retaliating he helped me clean off my dress and then we proceeded to head back to the reception. There was one other thing that was done to the room which I will not explain because it is somewhat gross and should not be mentioned.

Overall I had a fairly exciting spring break even though I had to work every day. As crazy as it may sound, I would not change anything about my spring break. I liked it just the way it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment